Saturday, May 15, 2010

Final Relay Update

My entire team (except 1) has backed out.

So I will not be taking part in this relay.

On the upside, I raised over $700 for the Canadian Cancer Society, and so far no one wants their donation back now that the team ceases to exist. So, it will still go towards the cause.

On the downside, I will spend the Relay weekend wallowing instead of partaking in something meaningful.

I know what you'll say.... do something else instead. I'm sure I could come up with many things I could do instead, but it won't change the fact that I am not able to do this.

Yes, I know I could join another team, but I really don't want to.

By the way, my last post was written a few minutes after they rest of the team decided to tell me they were backing out. On a day that was already a bad calendar day and I had almost made it through the day when their email popped up on my screen just as I was about to go to bed.

Needless to say, it's been a rough week.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Hey, I said I'd still do it if you really wanted to, but we'd have to join another team and what not, which you didn't want to do.

Also, I said bring Emma and Mark and come to my house and we'll have our own thing. If you change your mind, let me know. Again, it's up to you.

See you Saturday, if not before!

Shannen said...

I'm wondering what you ended up doing?

aschmalz83 said...

Why did they back out? When is the relay?