Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid*

Before he ended up in the hospital, Bear and I were beginning to (finally!) renovate our house. We had new floors put in our living room (which have now been scratched up so badly by a little pup!) and we painted the walls in the living room. We got a new curtain rod and new curtains in the living room as well.

We hadn't yet got baseboards installed nor new furniture (with exception of our couch). There are still some things that need to be done and I find myself feeling the need to complete this project immediately.

Before he passed away, Bear told me that he wanted me to make this house the way we hoped for it to be. As difficult as it will be emotionally, I will do it. I need to.

I just wish Bear and Babybear were here to make it all worthwhile.

*title comes from the poem "The Cremation of Sam McGee" by Robert W. Service*

3 comments:

*Just Jen* said...

You can do it Ter! And you know Bear will be watching down on you with a big bear smile!

Jo said...

Ok... I commented on this post already... but apparently it didn't go through for some reason :( Dangit!!

I understand how finishing the house is a bittersweet experience. So many memories there, and ideas that the two of you came up with together that now you have to complete alone :(

Big hugs as you take on this challenge. I think it will be healing for you. I KNOW Bear and Baby Bear will be with you as you move forward with the renovations :)

Don't forget before and after pics (like me... always forgetting to do that).

Take it one day at a time... you'll get through it, and I think once you do, you'll be happier for it :)

Joc(e) said...

It is worthwhile...for you and your comfort and happiness in this house, and for your Bear who also wanted to get it done. I know the end result will be beautiful. :)