Monday, August 17, 2009

More Cancer...

I finally heard from my MIL today.

The other day I had seen my SIL on facebook and asked what's up with her mom. She had told me her grandma had surgery in the hospital, but that's all I really knew.

Well, it turns out gramma has cancer. I don't know anything more than that. That's why she was in the hospital. My MIL is more or less staying at her house during the days while her brother (B's uncle) is at work. I am not really sure what else is happening. What kind of cancer, if it was early detection or not. I don't know. I do know the last time I was out there, she wasn't feeling well and was being stubborn about it. I think they were chalking it up to age.

Stupid cancer.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Stupid Cancer indeed! A month before my boys were born (one stillborn) my MIL was diagnosed with cancer. A month after- my FIL was diagnosed... He didn't make it through the year... Good news is my MIL is doing well (6 years- with Ovarian Cancer)- I hate how it attacks the whole family... thinking of you!

April said...

Praying for your MIL. My family has been hit hard by the cancer demon, too.

Allison said...

Well, that just sucks monkeys. I lost my Grandpa to Cancer only two weeks before you lost Bryan. I really like Bry's Gramma. She is a fiesty lady. I hope this doesn't get the best of her.

Caitlin said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I will be praying for his Gramma...