Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wendy's

So, I stopped at Wendy's for a bite to eat. I rarely eat fast food, it just doesn't appeal to me, but I was hungry and Wendy's is the most appetizing of all those kind of places, so I went there.

I ordered my food and went to sat down. Just as I'm sitting, I realized this is the exact spot we sat the last time we were there.

I can't remember why we were out, or if it was on our way home from one of your radiation treatments or doctor's appointment. I think we had to go to walmart which was near there too. We were hungry so we just stopped there. You were feeling weak so I told you to go sit down while we waited for the food. I remember you were in so much pain I had to help you put on your jacket when we left.

I just remember thinking that you needed me to take care of you and that I should quit my job so I could take care of you.

I can't remember exactly when that day was but it was probably only a couple weeks before you ended up in the hospital.

Is there no safe place anymore?

I can't go anywhere new without wishing you were there.
I can't go anywhere we've been before without wishing you were there.

This place called earth sucks without you.

I miss you. xoxo

2 comments:

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Ter, I'm sure you will never stop wishing your Bear was there....that's how he will live on in your heart.
You must have felt a strong presence when you were there today. Don't you think it's remarkable that you "accidently" chose that particular spot to sit? Your Bear guided you!
♥,Lilly

Jen Sue Wild said...

I know you are sada bout that memorie, but what a gift!! I say that because what a gift it was to sit down in the same exact spot and to take the time to rember him.
I think maybe bear led you there and helped you to rember the time you sared there to reminde you that he is always with you where ever you go.