Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sleepy Head

Bear had trouble sleeping last night, so between being sleep deprived, having had the blood transfusion yesterday, and the effect of all of the medication he's on, he slept most of the day today. He could barely keep his eyes open long enough to have a conversation with me. I just watched him sleep and flipped through the channels on the television in his room.

It is difficult to watch him sleep. I find myself constantly making sure he is still breathing. Every now and then, he gasps and that scares me senseless! It is also difficult because, to me, he looks just like our daughter when he's sleeping.

On the upside of things, his pain seems to be under control for the time being, which is good. I'd rather see him sleepy than in pain.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Poor guy! He probably feels bad not being able to stay awake to visit.

I totally know what you mean about making sure they are still breathing when they sleep. I always have that fear when I'm staying with my mom.

HUGS

momtimes4 said...

Hi Terri,

I'm just catching up on your posts, as Thomas and I have both been feeling under the weather. I'm glad you decided to go to the candlelight ceremony - my MIL said it was beautiful as usual. I think Kaity was splitting her time between watching the service in Wpg with Tyla and watching our Tree of Bright Stars service out here :)

The next time I give blood (which will be as soon as this stupid cold is gone) I will be thinking not only of my Kaity who received countless blood transfusions, but of Bryan. I had never given a lot of thought to donating blood until I experienced the hope that came with that little bag of blood. Giving blood is one of the greatest gifts we can give without even knowing who the gift is for.

I will keep praying for a miracle.

steviegator2004 said...

Blood tranfustions always make me feel better...it helps with everything...I am sorry that you are counting down the time...but I am glad you have the Holidays...know that I am thinking of you...