The last few days I've been sick. I didn't even go to the hospital on Saturday because I was so sick. I feel bad for not going to see Bear but I really do not want to compromise his health. I did go yesterday but I wore a mask to keep from spreading the germs. I'm still feeling a bit weak so I will see how I feel in a few hours before I make a decision whether to go or not.
Bear has developed a blood clot in his leg. I noticed on Friday how swollen his leg was and told the nurse who told the doctor. They took him for a CT Scan. I had thought they said ultrasound but Bear tells me he went for a CT Scan. Anyway, they did find a significant blood clot in there and they are now treating it with a specific kind of Heparin (sp?) shot. Hopefully, that will work. And hopefully, the blood clot will not travel into his lungs or brain.
He is back on solid foods now, which I know he is very happy about that. He has always loved food but right now that is the one thing he looks forward to every day. Hopefully he will be able to continue to eat solid foods so I can bring him some of his favorite meals from restaurants and from home.